Range J is a 35m x 45m multi-gun range. There is a shelter there and ample parking at top of hill. Driving down to the shelter is discouraged.
There is a safe area provided to unbox handguns outside the shelter. Never unbox in your vehicle, as this action will result in disciplinary action and/or loss of your membership.
Shotgun slugs may be used on the fixed target boards, but other shotgun targets have restrictions:
- No flying clays
- Shot pellets must be smaller than #7 ½ and used on portable target stands placed in front of the berm between the fixed target stands.
Procedures for Range J
- Display red flag when you enter the range.
- All handguns are unboxed in a safe area.
- All long guns are to be unboxed on the fixed shooting bench, facing downrange. On “Cease Fire”, long guns are to be racked in provided gunracks, unloaded with actions open until ready to use.
- Make “SAFE” to check or change targets.
- Handguns (used with holster qualifications) will be secured in holster, unloaded, take flag down, proceed down range to check or change targets. Return up range, put up flag, commence shooting.
- Handguns (without holster qualification) will return handgun to the safe area with actions unloaded and open, facing safe direction, take flag down, proceed down range to check or change targets. Return up range, put up flag, retrieve firearm, commence shooting.
- Those shooting PCC, shotgun, or rifle must place firearms in rack, unloaded, actions open, take flag down, proceed down range to check or change targets. Return up range, put up flag, commence shooting.